(406) 652-4180 • 1320 28th Street West, Billings, MT
We're All in this Together
During the summer months, the number of motorcycles on the roads increases drastically. Here are a few tips.
Start a Quote Online Find an Agent
During the summer months, the number of motorcycles on the roads increases drastically. Car and truck drivers have a responsibility to be aware of these extra vehicles on the road, and yes, share the responsibility of practicing motorcycle safety with motorcyclists. Here are a few tips for car and truck drivers.
- Due to their small size, motorcycles are difficult to see, and drivers often unintentionally ignore them. Make a point of looking for them this summer when it is certain that there will be many on the roads.
- Think of motorcyclists as people—not vehicles.
- It can be difficult to judge a motorcycle's speed because of their size, so avoid pulling out in front of them if you think they might be at all close.
- Be aware that motorcyclists often slow by downshifting or rolling off the throttle, failing to activate their break lights.
- Be aware that it is easy for a motorcycle to get lost in your blind spots as a result of its small size. Be ever—diligent when you know a motorcycle is near.
Here are some safety tips to ensure enjoyable and safe riding this summer.
- Take a motorcycle safety course. Not only will it help you to stay safe, but it may also entitle you to a discount on your motorcycle insurance! (Visit: motorcycle.msun.edu)
- Make sure your headlights work and are on night and day.
- Wear protective clothing, such as a helmet, eye protection, long sleeves and pants made from thick material, boots, and gloves, and always wear bright colors or reflective gear.
- Be aware of blind spots that car and truck drivers have, and use lane positioning to be seen easily.
- Even if you slow by downshifting or rolling off the throttle, flash your break lights so that others know what you are doing.
- Pretend that you are invisible, as you very well might be to car and truck drivers.
We'll Shop Around So You Don't Have To
Start a quote by filling out our online application providing us with the basic information we need to perform a quote. It only takes a few minutes and we'll respond within one business day.
Start a Quote Contact Us
Must Read Articles
Find Helpful Information and Articles from Darnielle Insurance
With over 29 million uninsured drivers in the US what can you do to protect yourself?
All the terms about drive a person mad: perils, premiums, hazards, losses and limits. There seems no end to it, and what does it all mean?
As summer loosens its grip and spring seems just around the corner, many of us look forward to heading out to enjoy our summer toys.
— Protecting Everything You Value Most —
Darnielle Insurance is available to answer your questions. We are located at 1320 28th Street West, Billings, MT 59102. Give us a call at 406-652-4180.
Start a Quote Online